When You Need Experience, Dedication and Commitment to your Family Law Settlement
Mediator 26 Years – Certified by Florida Supreme Court 1994
Trial Lawyer 36 Years – Admitted to Florida Bar 1984
Bachelors Degree: St. Lawrence University Canton, New York
Masters Degree Counseling: St. Lawrence University
Juris Doctorate University of Dayton Law School Dayton, Ohio.
If you are dealing are with the pain of a breakup, divorce or separation and the worries of child custody, child support, alimony, division of property and debt then mediation is a good way to resolve your dispute. It puts you and the other party in control of the outcome, saves you money and expedites the process.
Did you know?
Nearly every Judge requires mediation prior to going to Court for temporary or permanent relief.
A mediated settlement stops attorney fees and costs.
A mediated agreement means that you and the opposing side decide how the case is resolved.
The care of your children is decided by you
It can give you certainty and finality.
It is much quicker than waiting for a trial date and can resolve a case in a matter of weeks rather than months or years.
My name is Gary Urso:
My career started in the courtroom in 1984. For more than 35 years, I fought for the rights of individuals, families and children in Court. In 2020, I stopped representing individuals and limited and committed my practice to mediation.
Law: Formerly, I was a state prosecutor, prosecuting misdemeanors and felonies. I was also a Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services (Previously HRS now Children and Families) senior attorney handling dependency cases for the state of Florida. I then had a private practice for 25 years representing individuals in all family law matters, dependency, child abuse, administrative hearings, criminal defense and appeals. I have also been a guardian ad litem in both dependency and family law cases representing the rights of children.
Mediation: Beginning in 2020 my practice became limited to mediation. With 26 years of mediation experience. I was first certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a mediator in 1994. My efforts are concentrated in the area of Family Law but I also mediate Dependency cases, Appeals, County and Small Claims cases. Since originally being certified by the Florida Supreme Court I have conducted more than 3,000 mediations.
I have been a court provided mediator for the Sixth Judicial Circuit in Pinellas and Pasco County Courts since 1994 and also provide private mediation services. I now mediate 6 cases a week on average in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough and Hernando Counties.
Lawyers / Legal Assistants / Self Represented – Web Scheduling:
My commitment is to provide high quality low fee mediation services. Court provided mediation fees are established by the Court. The purpose of this website is to allow you to get your mediation scheduled as quickly and as easily as possible – all by email without the need for phone calls. At the bottom of the page is my calendar and email communication form. Here are the steps:
1. To determine my availability: Click on the Printer Icon at the bottom of the page
2. Communicate with opposing Counsel/Party as to their availability.
3. Select day and time hovering over the date first to determine availability in your city.
4. A powder blue day means I’m available anywhere in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough or Hernando County.
5. A deep blue day means I’m only available ½ day and you must hover over the date to determine if I’m available in your city that day. Travel time requires this step.
6. If court provided communicate with your local mediation program to determine availability of rooms in the courthouse. Most mediation programs will schedule your rooms for you and send out notices.
7. If private mediation, confirm law office or other location for the mediation and who will send out the notice of mediation. At present I do not maintain an office and travel only.
8. Click on your selected date and a form appears. Fill out the form. When you schedule a subsequent mediation the form will auto populate so that you don’t have to reenter all information again. I immediately receive the request and respond, usually within a few hours, to confirm your requested date and time. Do not send out a notice until you have received confirmation from me.
9. If you are represented by an attorney in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough or Hernando County, Florida ask them about my services and abilities. Chances are that I have worked with them in the past.
10. Payment is expected at the conclusion of mediation if private.
11. No cancellation fees ever.
Non Discrimination Statement
Members of the LGBTQ Community are welcome and I do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression (including a gay, lesbian or transgender identity), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Contact usNeed a Question Answered?
Mediation Scheduling Calendar
To reserve an appointment online, please click your preferred available date.Our staff will contact you on receipt of your Appointment Request form.