Domestic Violence Attorney

Get Immediate Help With a Serious Problem

domestic-violenceAs a family law attorney, I see the toll that domestic violence takes on families. If you or your child is in danger, or if you have been accused of spousal abuse or child endangerment, take immediate action to protect yourself by calling the police and filing for a domestic violence injunction.

My name is Gary Urso, and I have handled cases involving issues of domestic violence for many years. If you need help from an experienced family lawyer, please call my New Port Richey office at 727-847-7808 for a phone consultation.

Domestic Violence Injunctions (Restraining Orders)

If you are the victim of domestic violence, you can file a Petition for Injunction for Protection Against Domestic Violence at the courthouse nearest to you. If the judge grants the petition, it will be on a temporary basis, and there will be a return hearing where you will need to appear in court and ask the judge to continue the injunction.

You need a zealous advocate at the return hearing speaking on your behalf and calling and cross-examining witnesses. It is like a short trial, and you want to be as prepared for this hearing as you possible can be by having an experienced attorney by your side. At the hearing, the judge can keep the injunction in place or dismiss it. The judge can also enter temporary orders regarding custody of children, use of the home, child support and alimony.

Further Help

Filing an Injunction for Protection is not a guarantee that the abuse will stop. You may need further legal assistance if the abuser violates the injunction. I can help you extend the length of the injunction and file for a permanent injunction. I can also help you with a divorce if you decide to take that step.

Charged With Domestic Violence?

Being falsely accused of domestic violence is devastating to your reputation and relationship with your children. Sometimes people make false allegations of abuse to try to win divorce or custody cases. The first you may learn of the injunction is when a deputy comes to your home and directs you to leave your home immediately. You should cooperate with law enforcement and not try to argue with them. They are only carrying out their required duties. You should hire an attorney experienced with issues of domestic violence to represent you.

In your injunction, there will be a return date set for hearing. You must appear and respond to the petition. At that hearing, the judge can enter temporary orders excluding you from your home, stopping you from having contact with your children, and ordering you to pay temporary child support and temporary alimony. You need an experienced attorney at your side fighting for your rights. If you need criminal defense against these charges, I can assist you. I can also defend people charged with DUI and related offenses.

To make an appointment, please call 727-847-7808 or send me an e-mail.


Compassionate Representation for Your Family

To make an appointment, please call 727-847-7808 or send me an e-mail.

2018 © All Rights Reserved