Divorce & Family Law Overview

Family Law Attorney Protecting You and Your Family

Every family law matter deals with an emotional issue, whether it is the welfare of a child, the end of a marriage, or disputes that turn violent. During my career, I have seen nearly every possible situation that can affect a family. I know the importance of protecting the rights of parents and children, and of finding a solution that works for everyone.

My name is Gary Urso, and I have practiced family law for many years. If you need an experienced lawyer for a family law issue, please call my New Port Richey office at 727-847-7808 for a phone consultation.

It’s About Helping People

Family law is about helping people with their most important issues so they can move on with their lives. I can help you with:

  • Divorce and spousal support — Negotiation and litigation for division of assets and spousal maintenance (alimony).
  • Property division — Florida is an equitable division state. Many rules apply and you need to have a complete understanding of those rules.
  • High asset divorce — We will work with forensic accounts and financial planners to build your case.
  • Mediation and uncontested divorce — I am a Florida Supreme Court certified family mediator with 15 years of experience, having mediated several hundred cases.
  • Prenuptial agreements — If you are planning to marry, you should have a consultation with an attorney before you do. Protect your assets in the event of divorce or death.
  • Child custody, support and modifications — We will fight for your children and their future.
  • Removal of children — If your children were removed by the state of Florida, you need the assistance of an attorney who deals in matters of child dependency. I have been handling child dependency cases since 1984.
  • Domestic violence — I can provide legal help by assisting you with the filing of a domestic violence injunction or defend you if your are accused of domestic violence.
  • Appeals — If you believe that mistakes or errors were made by the judge handling your case, you have a right to appeal the decision. That right must be exercised within 30 days of the order or judgment that you want to appeal.

I can also handle adoptions, paternity cases and modifications to child support or alimony.

How Can I Help You?

To make an appointment, please call 727-847-7808 or send me an e-mail.


2018 © All Rights Reserved